I love how quick and easy these coconut balls are to make. You need just three ingredients: shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. And you don’t even need a mixer. Just mix the coconut, milk and vanilla and shape into balls.
14 ounces shredded unsweetened coconut (see note)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers (I used Ghirardelli)
½ cup chopped, toasted almonds
½ cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the finely shredded coconut, can of condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Take a heaping tablespoon (I used a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop) and shape into a ball. If your hands get sticky, just dip in a bowl of water, it makes the work less sticky.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden. (Time may vary based on your oven and the size of the coconut balls.)
- Melt 5 ounces of melting wafers in a small bowl. Place the almonds and/or the coconut flakes in separate bowls. Once the cookies have completely cooled, dip the top in chocolate and then dip in the coconut or chocolate. If you want to add just a little bit of the coconut or almonds, just sprinkle a few on top of the melted chocolate instead.
- Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate is hardened.
- These coconut balls are super easy to make! They take very little time and effort and are great for a holiday party table or holiday gifts.
Use a finely shredded unsweetened coconut. If you can’t find it, just pulse the coconut shreds in a food processor until it’s finely shredded.
Calories do not include the chocolate or the toppings.
Keywords: coconut balls, chocolate coconut balls, 3 ingredient coconut balls, Coconut balls condensed milk